Greens only got a brief mention
It is refreshing that in the recent election Molly Scott Cato became the first South West Green Party MEP, thanks to everyone who voted for her.
But is the media afraid of public feeling?
There has been almost no mention of the Green Party on BBC television, even though they pushed the Lib Dems into fifth place in the South West.
The Sidmouth Herald mentions Molly only briefly on page 27 of the May 30 issue, incidentally reversing her surname.
However, with three Green Party MEPs now for the UK, and Molly Scott Cato an experienced economist, there will no doubt be some interesting exchanges in Brussels in the future.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 8 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter