Greens only got a brief mention
It is refreshing that in the recent election Molly Scott Cato became the first South West Green Party MEP, thanks to everyone who voted for her.
But is the media afraid of public feeling?
There has been almost no mention of the Green Party on BBC television, even though they pushed the Lib Dems into fifth place in the South West.
The Sidmouth Herald mentions Molly only briefly on page 27 of the May 30 issue, incidentally reversing her surname.
However, with three Green Party MEPs now for the UK, and Molly Scott Cato an experienced economist, there will no doubt be some interesting exchanges in Brussels in the future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity