Greens only got a brief mention
It is refreshing that in the recent election Molly Scott Cato became the first South West Green Party MEP, thanks to everyone who voted for her.
But is the media afraid of public feeling?
There has been almost no mention of the Green Party on BBC television, even though they pushed the Lib Dems into fifth place in the South West.
The Sidmouth Herald mentions Molly only briefly on page 27 of the May 30 issue, incidentally reversing her surname.
However, with three Green Party MEPs now for the UK, and Molly Scott Cato an experienced economist, there will no doubt be some interesting exchanges in Brussels in the future.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary