The Community Market, run by members of “Vision Group for Sidmouth”, was held, as usual, on the second Saturday of the month, September 10, in the morning.
The tombola at this event was very successful, thanks to local traders who provided prizes, namely: Flo and Us, Sweet Temptations, Delderfields, Humbug, Occasions, MADE, Sidmouth Jewellers, Country Bloomers, Number Eighty Three (Card Shop), Sidmouth Stationery and Travel Goods and other well-wishers.
The money raised is going towards the children’s allotments at the new Stowford Community Centre.
Youngsters will be able to grow vegetables and fruit in a safe and happy environment, developing skills and awareness of the nutritional value of home-grown foods, as well as the seasons and weather.
“Fresh Air and Exercise” may seem old-fashioned words, but these will benefit our young people throughout life.
You may also want to watch:
‘Karenza’, 6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building