The Community Market, run by members of “Vision Group for Sidmouth”, was held, as usual, on the second Saturday of the month, September 10, in the morning.
The tombola at this event was very successful, thanks to local traders who provided prizes, namely: Flo and Us, Sweet Temptations, Delderfields, Humbug, Occasions, MADE, Sidmouth Jewellers, Country Bloomers, Number Eighty Three (Card Shop), Sidmouth Stationery and Travel Goods and other well-wishers.
The money raised is going towards the children’s allotments at the new Stowford Community Centre.
Youngsters will be able to grow vegetables and fruit in a safe and happy environment, developing skills and awareness of the nutritional value of home-grown foods, as well as the seasons and weather.
“Fresh Air and Exercise” may seem old-fashioned words, but these will benefit our young people throughout life.
You may also want to watch:
‘Karenza’, 6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead