The Community Market, run by members of “Vision Group for Sidmouth”, was held, as usual, on the second Saturday of the month, September 10, in the morning.
The tombola at this event was very successful, thanks to local traders who provided prizes, namely: Flo and Us, Sweet Temptations, Delderfields, Humbug, Occasions, MADE, Sidmouth Jewellers, Country Bloomers, Number Eighty Three (Card Shop), Sidmouth Stationery and Travel Goods and other well-wishers.
The money raised is going towards the children’s allotments at the new Stowford Community Centre.
Youngsters will be able to grow vegetables and fruit in a safe and happy environment, developing skills and awareness of the nutritional value of home-grown foods, as well as the seasons and weather.
“Fresh Air and Exercise” may seem old-fashioned words, but these will benefit our young people throughout life.
You may also want to watch:
‘Karenza’, 6 Lennox Avenue, Sidmouth
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary