‘Hands off’ park
Sir - Re: Communications Exercise
In their (the district council) questionnaire that was dished out in the Market Square Communication Exercise, the council asked, among other matters, how we would like to see the parkland improved (eg statues, a play area, etc).
They clearly do not understand the purpose of parkland. The whole grounds should remain as they exist now, and without any gimmicks.
Trees are for life, not just for Christmas. Planners, keep your hands off.
Incidentally, contrary to what Mr Diviani (district council leader) thinks, thank heaven for the ‘same old campaigners’.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop