SIR - This is written in an attempt to pre-empt the letter from Annual Moaner.
How wonderful it has been to see Sidmouth full of happy people and to hear lively music from every corner. Thank you, visitors.
Drivers have been considerate of their brethren and of pedestrians, some have even signalled at roundabouts and one, a Dutch visitor, even signalled left, rather than the usual confusing right, when turning off.
Did anyone see the otters swimming slalom through the traffic cones so thoughtfully thrown into the Sid for them?
There, that’s my prejudices aired. I hope that Annual Moaner can come up with something new.
You may also want to watch:
2 Cambridge Villas, Salcombe Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth