Haven’t they read ‘Cry wolf’ fable?
At last, the voice of reason – Chloe Jones’s letter “Not unfriendly” (Opinon, September 13).
News must have been very thin on the ground that week – or perhaps the Herald is being deliberately provocative?
Time was a child screamed only when it was hurt, frightened or in danger.
Who’s to know now?
The old story of ‘Cry wolf’ comes to mind.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy