Haven’t they read ‘Cry wolf’ fable?
At last, the voice of reason – Chloe Jones’s letter “Not unfriendly” (Opinon, September 13).
News must have been very thin on the ground that week – or perhaps the Herald is being deliberately provocative?
Time was a child screamed only when it was hurt, frightened or in danger.
Who’s to know now?
The old story of ‘Cry wolf’ comes to mind.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge