Health centre plea
SIR - In response to the letter of the Rev Jean Wadsworth in the Sidmouth Herald of September 23, I would like to clarify several points.
She is ‘ appalled at the cavalier way in which patients needs are dismissed’ referring to the health centre and the car park.
It has been the intention of the doctors, along with patient participation, to rebuild the health centre for the sole purpose of our patients and, in so doing, create facilities which will significantly improve access to the health centre for disabled and infirm patients.
This will involve appropriate automatic doors with, easy access ramps, and 4 - 6 intended specific car spaces for elderly and disabled patients.
The current car park, which is shared jointly by the library, when recently audited, showed that 70% of the cars parking were not the sole purpose of either the library or the health centre, which, in our minds is abused.
You may also want to watch:
It is imperative that the health centre is updated, which will result in changes which, hopefully, the majority of our patients will approve.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton