Review of ‘The Heiress’ in your issue dated June 17.
I am wondering what “problems” were experienced by “some older folk” by the “measured” pace of this excellent production (as mentioned in your Review.)
I had no problems spending three hours happily absorbed in some of the best of the English language, portrayed sensitively and realistically by talented actors and actresses.
I was delighted by the unhurried atmosphere as the story unfolded and thoroughly enjoyed being taken back in time from today’s world. What a pity if reading your review caused anyone to miss such a treat.
You may also want to watch:
7 Woolbrook Mead, Sidmouth
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season