Sir - As secretary of the Hot Cross Bun Committee, I should very much like to take this opportunity to, as always, thank the very many people who have helped to make the Good Friday ceremony the success it was, thanks, also, to the good weather.
Approximately 900 Easter eggs and 1,800 Easter buns and oranges were given out to local children.
As always, any surplus bags were given to the Sidmouth Hospital and a number of nursing homes in and around the Sidmouth area.
The president, Michael Wood and committee members would like to thank Joy Seward for opening the ceremony, and thanks also to Tom Griffiths and Wendy Marcombe for the use of the Bedford Lawn car park, Sidmouth St John Ambulance, Sidmouth police and Sidmouth Town Band.
Thanks also to Martin Kerridge, of Vinnicombes, for providing hot sausage rolls for early morning helpers.
Thanks, as always, to the Sidmouth Herald for their help.
A P Perram
- 1 Tributes paid to East Devon councillor Val Ranger
- 2 Timings announced for Sidmouth Airshow displays
- 3 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 4 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 5 A-Level results celebrated for students at Sidmouth College
- 6 'Hop to it' - Ottery woman aims for world record frog collection
- 7 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 8 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 9 Sidmouth's Pickard picks up South West of England Championship title
- 10 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun Fund.