Sir - As secretary of the Hot Cross Bun Committee, I should very much like to take this opportunity to, as always, thank the very many people who have helped to make the Good Friday ceremony the success it was, thanks, also, to the good weather.
Approximately 900 Easter eggs and 1,800 Easter buns and oranges were given out to local children.
As always, any surplus bags were given to the Sidmouth Hospital and a number of nursing homes in and around the Sidmouth area.
The president, Michael Wood and committee members would like to thank Joy Seward for opening the ceremony, and thanks also to Tom Griffiths and Wendy Marcombe for the use of the Bedford Lawn car park, Sidmouth St John Ambulance, Sidmouth police and Sidmouth Town Band.
Thanks also to Martin Kerridge, of Vinnicombes, for providing hot sausage rolls for early morning helpers.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks, as always, to the Sidmouth Herald for their help.
A P Perram
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun Fund.