Sir - As secretary of the Hot Cross Bun Committee, I should very much like to take this opportunity to, as always, thank the very many people who have helped to make the Good Friday ceremony the success it was, thanks, also, to the good weather.
Approximately 900 Easter eggs and 1,800 Easter buns and oranges were given out to local children.
As always, any surplus bags were given to the Sidmouth Hospital and a number of nursing homes in and around the Sidmouth area.
The president, Michael Wood and committee members would like to thank Joy Seward for opening the ceremony, and thanks also to Tom Griffiths and Wendy Marcombe for the use of the Bedford Lawn car park, Sidmouth St John Ambulance, Sidmouth police and Sidmouth Town Band.
Thanks also to Martin Kerridge, of Vinnicombes, for providing hot sausage rolls for early morning helpers.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks, as always, to the Sidmouth Herald for their help.
A P Perram
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun Fund.