SIR - May I take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all those people who attended the first of this season’s Literary Events at Kennaway on Thursday – as those who were unable to get tickets earlier in the week found, it was a complete sell-out.
So the message is, get tickets early if you want to secure a place at the next three.
I have received so many comments about how enjoyable these ‘Meet the Author’ evenings are, perhaps, the most complimentary was “Sidmouth could become the next Hay-on-Wye”. So, with this kind of support, why not?
I owe a real debt, too, to all my helpers from Kennaway staff, Book Clubs, Library Service and the Sidmouth Herald, who have helped to put Kennaway and Sidmouth on the literary map.
We have a great potential line-up for next year – so keep supporting us to make it a permanent feature.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 6 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park