SIR - May I take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all those people who attended the first of this season’s Literary Events at Kennaway on Thursday – as those who were unable to get tickets earlier in the week found, it was a complete sell-out.
So the message is, get tickets early if you want to secure a place at the next three.
I have received so many comments about how enjoyable these ‘Meet the Author’ evenings are, perhaps, the most complimentary was “Sidmouth could become the next Hay-on-Wye”. So, with this kind of support, why not?
I owe a real debt, too, to all my helpers from Kennaway staff, Book Clubs, Library Service and the Sidmouth Herald, who have helped to put Kennaway and Sidmouth on the literary map.
We have a great potential line-up for next year – so keep supporting us to make it a permanent feature.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman