High Peak trek was well worth it...
I was up High Peak on Sunday and was delighted by the ‘invasion’ of foxgloves – a sight well worth the walk from the car park at the top of Peak Hill.
The Hopper bus is ideal for that leg of the journey. The coastal path is a little muddy in places, but the views across the valley are lovely. The wildflower meadows in the Byes are replicating snow – with a mass of ox-eye daisies.
The wildflower border to the car park opposite the swimming pool is dazzling.
And not too far from Sidmouth there are a couple of fields of poppies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman