High Peak trek was well worth it...
I was up High Peak on Sunday and was delighted by the ‘invasion’ of foxgloves – a sight well worth the walk from the car park at the top of Peak Hill.
The Hopper bus is ideal for that leg of the journey. The coastal path is a little muddy in places, but the views across the valley are lovely. The wildflower meadows in the Byes are replicating snow – with a mass of ox-eye daisies.
The wildflower border to the car park opposite the swimming pool is dazzling.
And not too far from Sidmouth there are a couple of fields of poppies.
- 1 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 2 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 3 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 4 'Brilliant' 2021 fundraising success for Otter Garden Centre
- 5 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 6 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 7 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid
- 8 Drug runner spared jail after court hears he's beating habit
- 9 Property of the Week: Livonia Road
- 10 Sidmouth U18s Girls stay top after nail-biting victory