High Peak trek was well worth it...
I was up High Peak on Sunday and was delighted by the ‘invasion’ of foxgloves – a sight well worth the walk from the car park at the top of Peak Hill.
The Hopper bus is ideal for that leg of the journey. The coastal path is a little muddy in places, but the views across the valley are lovely. The wildflower meadows in the Byes are replicating snow – with a mass of ox-eye daisies.
The wildflower border to the car park opposite the swimming pool is dazzling.
And not too far from Sidmouth there are a couple of fields of poppies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times