Huge thank you
Last week’s edition of your paper contained a full and detailed report of the evening’s entertainment held at Newton Poppleford Village Hall on Saturday, June 21, titled ‘When the Longest Day was A Night to Remember’.
The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal was the beneficiary of the event which raised the fantastic total of £500.
The Poppy Appeal is most grateful to Tricia Barclay, David Jeffrey and the Riverside Players for hosting such a great evening and to Misty Roses and the Sid Vale Community Productions for giving all of us such a wonderful evening’s entertainment.
Thanks must also go to all of you who came along and contributed so much towards the Poppy Appeal. Thank you again.
Colin L Kingman
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season