Hugo has replied
Thank you for printing my letter (“Awaiting a reply”, Opinion, January 10) concerning Hugo Swire’s stance on the proposed 11 per cent pay rise for MPs.
I have now received a letter from Mr Swire but he did not answer the question I asked him.
He repeated what appears on his website and what you reported last month in the Sidmouth Herald about his condemnation of IPSA’s proposals.
However, he did say that an 11 per cent pay rise is unacceptable.
I deduced from this that if IPSA’s final recommendation is an 11 per cent pay rise, he will not accept it.
You may also want to watch:
I have therefore written to ask again what he will do with his “unacceptable” 11 per cent pay rise.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary