Hugo has replied
Thank you for printing my letter (“Awaiting a reply”, Opinion, January 10) concerning Hugo Swire’s stance on the proposed 11 per cent pay rise for MPs.
I have now received a letter from Mr Swire but he did not answer the question I asked him.
He repeated what appears on his website and what you reported last month in the Sidmouth Herald about his condemnation of IPSA’s proposals.
However, he did say that an 11 per cent pay rise is unacceptable.
I deduced from this that if IPSA’s final recommendation is an 11 per cent pay rise, he will not accept it.
You may also want to watch:
I have therefore written to ask again what he will do with his “unacceptable” 11 per cent pay rise.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses