Hugo has replied
Thank you for printing my letter (“Awaiting a reply”, Opinion, January 10) concerning Hugo Swire’s stance on the proposed 11 per cent pay rise for MPs.
I have now received a letter from Mr Swire but he did not answer the question I asked him.
He repeated what appears on his website and what you reported last month in the Sidmouth Herald about his condemnation of IPSA’s proposals.
However, he did say that an 11 per cent pay rise is unacceptable.
I deduced from this that if IPSA’s final recommendation is an 11 per cent pay rise, he will not accept it.
You may also want to watch:
I have therefore written to ask again what he will do with his “unacceptable” 11 per cent pay rise.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge