Hugo has replied
Thank you for printing my letter (“Awaiting a reply”, Opinion, January 10) concerning Hugo Swire’s stance on the proposed 11 per cent pay rise for MPs.
I have now received a letter from Mr Swire but he did not answer the question I asked him.
He repeated what appears on his website and what you reported last month in the Sidmouth Herald about his condemnation of IPSA’s proposals.
However, he did say that an 11 per cent pay rise is unacceptable.
I deduced from this that if IPSA’s final recommendation is an 11 per cent pay rise, he will not accept it.
I have therefore written to ask again what he will do with his “unacceptable” 11 per cent pay rise.
- 1 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 2 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 3 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
- 4 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 5 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 6 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Sidbury pupils celebrate May Day in June
- 9 Repairs to start on Sidmouth's vandalised amphitheatre
- 10 The week that was in Sidmouth - fuel station changes and national TV exposure