I was surprised to hear that the permission to include a pharmacy within the area of the planned new health centre was rejected.
It seems an illogical decision, as a pharmacy, on the premises would produce a much quicker and easier way of getting patients’ prescriptions filled.
There is the ease of parking, and convenient buses, as well as – presumably the pharmacy computers and the doctors’ computers would be linked? – the facility to correct or clarify any prescription problems quickly and efficiently, thus eliminating delays and concerns.
I hope that there will be an appeal, and the decision will be reversed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 5 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 7 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
- 8 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 9 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 10 Too much clutter on our pavements just a sign of the times