Impact is real
My wife and I were astounded to read in your paper last week that the proposed development on Elysian Works, 28 Temple Street, will have “little if any impact on the living conditions of residents”.
On the contrary, access to the site necessitates the removal of five parking spaces in a difficult parking area.
The car owners will have to find spaces in the already crowded roads nearby. This development, if it goes ahead, will impact on the lives of all the residents of Lawn Vista and the surrounding area.
The lack of good permanent sight lines for traffic emerging from the proposed site will, in our view, be a danger to vehicles and pedestrians using Lawn Vista.
Chris and Rosie Beavis
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 3 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 4 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang