In praise of care at Holmesley!
- Credit: Archant
SIR - At a time when it seems more fashionable to fault-find than to praise, especially where caring for the elderly is concerned, my sister and I would like to put on record our gratitude and thanks to all the staff at Holmesley Nursing Home, Sidmouth.
I imagine it is not easy for anyone making the decision to move a loved one into a home. I know it caused my sister and me huge angst.
After an extensive search Holmesley was always top of our list. And we were never to be disappointed with our choice. We moved mum there over five years ago and can honestly say the level of care she received was exceptional.
So, to each and every one of you dear people that work there, on whatever level; be it in the kitchen or laundry, from the day-to-day care, and all the completely wonderful nursing staff we say a massive thank you for everything you did for our mum… Mona. You made it so very much easier for us.
Oh, and she did love the garden!
You may also want to watch:
With our love and appreciation
Nicky Hodgkinson and Terry Boswell. Sidmouth
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit