In praise of care at Holmesley!
- Credit: Archant
SIR - At a time when it seems more fashionable to fault-find than to praise, especially where caring for the elderly is concerned, my sister and I would like to put on record our gratitude and thanks to all the staff at Holmesley Nursing Home, Sidmouth.
I imagine it is not easy for anyone making the decision to move a loved one into a home. I know it caused my sister and me huge angst.
After an extensive search Holmesley was always top of our list. And we were never to be disappointed with our choice. We moved mum there over five years ago and can honestly say the level of care she received was exceptional.
So, to each and every one of you dear people that work there, on whatever level; be it in the kitchen or laundry, from the day-to-day care, and all the completely wonderful nursing staff we say a massive thank you for everything you did for our mum… Mona. You made it so very much easier for us.
Oh, and she did love the garden!
You may also want to watch:
With our love and appreciation
Nicky Hodgkinson and Terry Boswell. Sidmouth
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge