In praise of care at Holmesley!
- Credit: Archant
SIR - At a time when it seems more fashionable to fault-find than to praise, especially where caring for the elderly is concerned, my sister and I would like to put on record our gratitude and thanks to all the staff at Holmesley Nursing Home, Sidmouth.
I imagine it is not easy for anyone making the decision to move a loved one into a home. I know it caused my sister and me huge angst.
After an extensive search Holmesley was always top of our list. And we were never to be disappointed with our choice. We moved mum there over five years ago and can honestly say the level of care she received was exceptional.
So, to each and every one of you dear people that work there, on whatever level; be it in the kitchen or laundry, from the day-to-day care, and all the completely wonderful nursing staff we say a massive thank you for everything you did for our mum… Mona. You made it so very much easier for us.
Oh, and she did love the garden!
You may also want to watch:
With our love and appreciation
Nicky Hodgkinson and Terry Boswell. Sidmouth
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 6 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court