In the Knowle...
“Can I commend to your readers the outstanding new book The Knowle, Sidmouth: A Stately Pleasure Dome – a House and its History by Chris and Rab Barnard for Sidmouth Museum?
It gives a first rate account of the history of Knowle, which is fascinating.
The book illustrates what a unique place Knowle and its gardens are; it really does demonstrate the special place Knowle holds in the history of Sidmouth.
As Christmas is beckoning (and in the spirit of goodwill to all persons) might I suggest that Save Our Sidmouth send a copy to each one of our EDDC councillors, with a special copy (perhaps signed by the authors?) for Mr Diviani?
This would not only provide them with an interesting and worthwhile read, but help develop their cultural knowledge and understanding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme