In the Knowle...
“Can I commend to your readers the outstanding new book The Knowle, Sidmouth: A Stately Pleasure Dome – a House and its History by Chris and Rab Barnard for Sidmouth Museum?
It gives a first rate account of the history of Knowle, which is fascinating.
The book illustrates what a unique place Knowle and its gardens are; it really does demonstrate the special place Knowle holds in the history of Sidmouth.
As Christmas is beckoning (and in the spirit of goodwill to all persons) might I suggest that Save Our Sidmouth send a copy to each one of our EDDC councillors, with a special copy (perhaps signed by the authors?) for Mr Diviani?
This would not only provide them with an interesting and worthwhile read, but help develop their cultural knowledge and understanding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses