In the Knowle...
“Can I commend to your readers the outstanding new book The Knowle, Sidmouth: A Stately Pleasure Dome – a House and its History by Chris and Rab Barnard for Sidmouth Museum?
It gives a first rate account of the history of Knowle, which is fascinating.
The book illustrates what a unique place Knowle and its gardens are; it really does demonstrate the special place Knowle holds in the history of Sidmouth.
As Christmas is beckoning (and in the spirit of goodwill to all persons) might I suggest that Save Our Sidmouth send a copy to each one of our EDDC councillors, with a special copy (perhaps signed by the authors?) for Mr Diviani?
This would not only provide them with an interesting and worthwhile read, but help develop their cultural knowledge and understanding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award