In the Knowle...
“Can I commend to your readers the outstanding new book The Knowle, Sidmouth: A Stately Pleasure Dome – a House and its History by Chris and Rab Barnard for Sidmouth Museum?
It gives a first rate account of the history of Knowle, which is fascinating.
The book illustrates what a unique place Knowle and its gardens are; it really does demonstrate the special place Knowle holds in the history of Sidmouth.
As Christmas is beckoning (and in the spirit of goodwill to all persons) might I suggest that Save Our Sidmouth send a copy to each one of our EDDC councillors, with a special copy (perhaps signed by the authors?) for Mr Diviani?
This would not only provide them with an interesting and worthwhile read, but help develop their cultural knowledge and understanding.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Churchyards are peaceful havens for wildlife
- 3 Well done to jubilee party organisers - lets hope the weather holds
- 4 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 10 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter