Inevitability of Fortfield fire
SIR - I echo the comments made by Steve Jellyman (letters page January 7) regarding the much prophesied fire at The Fortfield Hotel. Despite the numerous warnings by the fire brigade, police and others, the inevitable happened.
The owner, Andrew Torjussen, will now get his way and get the building demolished and Sidmouth will lose another fine structure.
Let us hope that some sense will now prevail and a building that will complement the town will be put in its place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 5 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller