Inn pub heaven
I recently stayed at the Volunteer Inn in Temple Street, Sidmouth.
This was pure heaven. The world’s finest beers and ciders coupled with stunning Sidmouth people, a beautiful pub, fantastic food, a generous spirit and warm welcome.
Thank you for a great stay. Steve, your manner is easy and approachable, yet elegant and refined. I was so impressed with your knowledge of Sidmouth – thank you again for letting me listen to your stories.
And Jo and Derek (silent, behind-the-scenes Jo and Derek), your talents were not unnoticed! Everything was just wonderful, from the decorations in the pub to the service and food.
Excellent, excellent, excellent. It was a pleasure to have partaken of your generous hospitality.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought