Is this democracy?
I note your report last week that East Devon District Council is trying to get rid of the SOS noticeboard in Old Fore Street by claiming it is unsightly and a hazard to delivery lorries!
This is a pedestrianised street after all.
It shows EDDC is on the back foot over its planning policy for Sidmouth when it tries to stifle free speech.
We think we live in a democracy but in Sidmouth we might as well be living in Putin’s Russia.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 6 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 7 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 8 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
Editor’s note: The Herald reported that Sidmouth Town Council recommended the sign be removed, saying the sign was ‘unsightly and detrimental to the street scene’.
EDDC is set to make a decision in the next few weeks.