Is this democracy?
I note your report last week that East Devon District Council is trying to get rid of the SOS noticeboard in Old Fore Street by claiming it is unsightly and a hazard to delivery lorries!
This is a pedestrianised street after all.
It shows EDDC is on the back foot over its planning policy for Sidmouth when it tries to stifle free speech.
We think we live in a democracy but in Sidmouth we might as well be living in Putin’s Russia.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Editor’s note: The Herald reported that Sidmouth Town Council recommended the sign be removed, saying the sign was ‘unsightly and detrimental to the street scene’.
EDDC is set to make a decision in the next few weeks.