How typical of the leader of EDDC not to have the leadership courage to tell Cllr Hughes face to face that he was being relegated to the back benches!
Instead, he delegates the job to his chief whip. But perhaps it’s an example of the “transparency” he promised us on assuming the lead?
After all, the alleged reason for his decision is transparent enough for everyone to see through! The obvious real reason is that Cllr Hughes spoke up for those whom he represents and did not kowtow to the party line.
Perhaps the given reason – that chairing the overview and scrutiny committee is an important job that takes up “an awful lot of time” – is because the machinations of this council’s planning policy require an awful lot of scrutiny?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC