Jack Hobbs: a memorial and grave in Hove
SIR - I arrived on September 24 and bought the Sidmouth Herald to catch up on the news.
It was interesting to read about Jack Hobbs as I walk past the joint grave of Sir Jack and Lady Ada every week when I go to Hove cemetery to visit the grave of my husband, Steve (who loved Sidmouth).
If you are in the area, their grave is easy to find. Enter Hove cemetery south from Old Shoreham Road by the lodge gates and follow the drive round with the chapel at the end. The grave is on the right about halfway between the entrance lodge and the chapel.
There is also a memorial to Sir Jack at the entrance to Sussex County Cricket ground, also in Hove.
Mrs Elaine Evans
You may also want to watch:
19 Reynolds Road
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses