Jack Hobbs: a memorial and grave in Hove
SIR - I arrived on September 24 and bought the Sidmouth Herald to catch up on the news.
It was interesting to read about Jack Hobbs as I walk past the joint grave of Sir Jack and Lady Ada every week when I go to Hove cemetery to visit the grave of my husband, Steve (who loved Sidmouth).
If you are in the area, their grave is easy to find. Enter Hove cemetery south from Old Shoreham Road by the lodge gates and follow the drive round with the chapel at the end. The grave is on the right about halfway between the entrance lodge and the chapel.
There is also a memorial to Sir Jack at the entrance to Sussex County Cricket ground, also in Hove.
Mrs Elaine Evans
You may also want to watch:
19 Reynolds Road
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary