Jack Hobbs: a memorial and grave in Hove
SIR - I arrived on September 24 and bought the Sidmouth Herald to catch up on the news.
It was interesting to read about Jack Hobbs as I walk past the joint grave of Sir Jack and Lady Ada every week when I go to Hove cemetery to visit the grave of my husband, Steve (who loved Sidmouth).
If you are in the area, their grave is easy to find. Enter Hove cemetery south from Old Shoreham Road by the lodge gates and follow the drive round with the chapel at the end. The grave is on the right about halfway between the entrance lodge and the chapel.
There is also a memorial to Sir Jack at the entrance to Sussex County Cricket ground, also in Hove.
Mrs Elaine Evans
You may also want to watch:
19 Reynolds Road
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser