Join me on Mt Kilimanjaro
SIR - As a long time supporter of Marie Curie Cancer Care and a football man through and through, I would like to ask Football League fans in Mid Devon to get behind the charity’s fundraising efforts as The Football League’s official charity partner for the 2010/11 season.
My mum was looked after at home by Marie Curie Nurses before she died in 2003, so I have first-hand experience of the unbelievable work their nurses do. My family is not alone. Each year their nurses provide over one million hours of free nursing care to terminally ill people in their own homes, the equivalent of more than 402 Football League seasons’ worth of football.
So, with the new season upon us, let’s put some of that nervous energy to good use. Whether you’re a Sidmouth Town or Exeter City fan, why not get involved in fundraising for the charity. I’m going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and I’m looking for others to join me for the Kamaramanjaro challenge. If you can’t join me, why not get on your bike closer to home for a cycle challenge from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
Our goal is to help raise �500,000 over the season to ensure more local people with a terminal illness get free care from Marie Curie Nurses. If we reach our target, we’ll be able to fund 25,000 hours of free Marie Curie nursing care. Now that’s unbelievable!
For more information about the partnership and how to register for a challenge, please contact your local Marie Curie Fundraiser, Michelle Mahdon, on 01884 703535, email@example.com or visit: www.football-league.co.uk/mariecurie Thanks for playing your part and good luck for the season.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge