Just leave it alone
SIR - What an awful idea!
Why do people think that “an incredibly underused” space has to be filled up/used?
Can’t we have nice quiet underused places? Is it not allowed?
I am not local but visit Sidmouth regularly and I use Church Lane precisely for that reason - it is a nice quiet shortcut across town, which offers access to Blackmore Gardens, another usually peaceful place.
To cover this “alleyway” and try to turn it into a commercial venture is such a bad idea. Please leave it alone!!
You may also want to watch:
Smethwick, West Midlands
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary