Just leave it alone
SIR - What an awful idea!
Why do people think that “an incredibly underused” space has to be filled up/used?
Can’t we have nice quiet underused places? Is it not allowed?
I am not local but visit Sidmouth regularly and I use Church Lane precisely for that reason - it is a nice quiet shortcut across town, which offers access to Blackmore Gardens, another usually peaceful place.
To cover this “alleyway” and try to turn it into a commercial venture is such a bad idea. Please leave it alone!!
You may also want to watch:
Smethwick, West Midlands
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases