Lack of respect
Whilst naturally being very disappointed at the decision made by EDDC licensing sub-committee regarding the folk festival move to Salcombe Regis, I would like to share with your readers one pertinent observation.
The director of Sidmouth Folkweek Productions Ltd was noted to have parked his big, shiny, top of the range Mercedes car in, of all places, the reserved car parking space for the ‘Leader of the Council’. (This can be verified by your on-site reporter.)
This showed complete disrespect for the council which does so much to promote his cause.
Remembering as well that Sidmouth Town Council also supports him to the tune of £100,000 (over a period of five years) of council tax payers’ money (see Sidmouth Town Council minutes of the meeting of December 3, 2013, item 191).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police