Lack of respect
Whilst naturally being very disappointed at the decision made by EDDC licensing sub-committee regarding the folk festival move to Salcombe Regis, I would like to share with your readers one pertinent observation.
The director of Sidmouth Folkweek Productions Ltd was noted to have parked his big, shiny, top of the range Mercedes car in, of all places, the reserved car parking space for the ‘Leader of the Council’. (This can be verified by your on-site reporter.)
This showed complete disrespect for the council which does so much to promote his cause.
Remembering as well that Sidmouth Town Council also supports him to the tune of £100,000 (over a period of five years) of council tax payers’ money (see Sidmouth Town Council minutes of the meeting of December 3, 2013, item 191).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts