Lack of respect
Whilst naturally being very disappointed at the decision made by EDDC licensing sub-committee regarding the folk festival move to Salcombe Regis, I would like to share with your readers one pertinent observation.
The director of Sidmouth Folkweek Productions Ltd was noted to have parked his big, shiny, top of the range Mercedes car in, of all places, the reserved car parking space for the ‘Leader of the Council’. (This can be verified by your on-site reporter.)
This showed complete disrespect for the council which does so much to promote his cause.
Remembering as well that Sidmouth Town Council also supports him to the tune of £100,000 (over a period of five years) of council tax payers’ money (see Sidmouth Town Council minutes of the meeting of December 3, 2013, item 191).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view