Lagacy of filth
SIR - Yesterday I drove over to Blackbury Camp to see the magnificent annual display of bluebells. Unfortunately, I was about two weeks too early.
What I did see, however, was a pile of plastic bags containing dog excrement at the base of a tree at the entrance to this historic beauty site. Did the dog owners think it was any less of a crime by piling it up together, or think who was going to perform the disgusting task of removing them? I hope the culprits are thoroughly ashamed of themselves, but I very much doubt it.
On a brighter note, I went to see Oklahoma! at the Manor Pavilion last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are so lucky in Sidmouth to have this wonderful facility and also to have such a lovely cinema, where the friendly staff asks at the end of the film ‘Did you enjoy it?’
Long may both the theatre and cinema continue!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites