Lagacy of filth
SIR - Yesterday I drove over to Blackbury Camp to see the magnificent annual display of bluebells. Unfortunately, I was about two weeks too early.
What I did see, however, was a pile of plastic bags containing dog excrement at the base of a tree at the entrance to this historic beauty site. Did the dog owners think it was any less of a crime by piling it up together, or think who was going to perform the disgusting task of removing them? I hope the culprits are thoroughly ashamed of themselves, but I very much doubt it.
On a brighter note, I went to see Oklahoma! at the Manor Pavilion last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are so lucky in Sidmouth to have this wonderful facility and also to have such a lovely cinema, where the friendly staff asks at the end of the film ‘Did you enjoy it?’
Long may both the theatre and cinema continue!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Classic car show returns to town after year-long break