Lagacy of filth
SIR - Yesterday I drove over to Blackbury Camp to see the magnificent annual display of bluebells. Unfortunately, I was about two weeks too early.
What I did see, however, was a pile of plastic bags containing dog excrement at the base of a tree at the entrance to this historic beauty site. Did the dog owners think it was any less of a crime by piling it up together, or think who was going to perform the disgusting task of removing them? I hope the culprits are thoroughly ashamed of themselves, but I very much doubt it.
On a brighter note, I went to see Oklahoma! at the Manor Pavilion last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are so lucky in Sidmouth to have this wonderful facility and also to have such a lovely cinema, where the friendly staff asks at the end of the film ‘Did you enjoy it?’
Long may both the theatre and cinema continue!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 9 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month