Let’s find the town’s worst road!
MADAM- Your article in this week s Sidmouth Herald, headed Road repairs are improving is welcome news to those of us living in Sidmouth and to all our visitors. The state of many roads is a disgrace, not least All Saints Road (particularly at the easter
MADAM- Your article in this week's Sidmouth Herald, headed "Road repairs are improving" is welcome news to those of us living in Sidmouth and to all our visitors. The state of many roads is a disgrace, not least All Saints Road (particularly at the eastern end). Some 18 months ago I drew the DCC's attention to this road and was told it would be dealt with once the construction at Cedar Shade had been completed - but nothing has been done and the road continues to deteriorate. Just around the corner from All Saints Road, much of Vicarage Road in the area of the Post Office needs urgent attention, with at least one particularly dangerous pothole.
It seems that DCC rely on members of the public to draw their attention to potholes and other poor road surfaces, rather than themselves making regular inspections, at least of major roads such as those mentioned above.
Perhaps the Herald could run a competition to identify the road in Sidmouth which is in the worst condition.
I would happily provide a Mars bar as a prize to the person who nominated the winner!
You may also want to watch:
David J Baldock
11a Newlands Close
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
l EDITOR'S NOTE: We would love to hear from readers who think they can nominate the town's worst road! Simply email your suggestions, with a photograph to accompany your nomination, to email@example.com A bottle of wine is on offer for the nominator of the winning (ie worst) road!