Let’s find the town’s worst road!
MADAM- Your article in this week s Sidmouth Herald, headed Road repairs are improving is welcome news to those of us living in Sidmouth and to all our visitors. The state of many roads is a disgrace, not least All Saints Road (particularly at the easter
MADAM- Your article in this week's Sidmouth Herald, headed "Road repairs are improving" is welcome news to those of us living in Sidmouth and to all our visitors. The state of many roads is a disgrace, not least All Saints Road (particularly at the eastern end). Some 18 months ago I drew the DCC's attention to this road and was told it would be dealt with once the construction at Cedar Shade had been completed - but nothing has been done and the road continues to deteriorate. Just around the corner from All Saints Road, much of Vicarage Road in the area of the Post Office needs urgent attention, with at least one particularly dangerous pothole.
It seems that DCC rely on members of the public to draw their attention to potholes and other poor road surfaces, rather than themselves making regular inspections, at least of major roads such as those mentioned above.
Perhaps the Herald could run a competition to identify the road in Sidmouth which is in the worst condition.
I would happily provide a Mars bar as a prize to the person who nominated the winner!
You may also want to watch:
David J Baldock
11a Newlands Close
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
l EDITOR'S NOTE: We would love to hear from readers who think they can nominate the town's worst road! Simply email your suggestions, with a photograph to accompany your nomination, to firstname.lastname@example.org A bottle of wine is on offer for the nominator of the winning (ie worst) road!