Let’s thrash this one out in public
The Herald of November 29 published a long letter from Councillor Phil Twiss, the Conservative whip on East Devon District Council (“Have whip, but don’t ever use it”).
Phil Twiss challenges me to get Conservative councillors to tell the Herald that he has whipped them.
Of course, no Conservative councillor would do so – unless they wished to become ex-Conservative councillors in the very near future.
If I may say so, a much more sensible suggestion, which might prove to be of interest to Herald readers, is a public debate.
I hope that Phil Twiss will agree to a debate between myself, or another Independent councillor, and himself, or another Conservative councillor, on the subject of openness and transparency in local government.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roger Giles
Ottery Town (Independent)
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
East Devon District Council