Let’s thrash this one out in public
The Herald of November 29 published a long letter from Councillor Phil Twiss, the Conservative whip on East Devon District Council (“Have whip, but don’t ever use it”).
Phil Twiss challenges me to get Conservative councillors to tell the Herald that he has whipped them.
Of course, no Conservative councillor would do so – unless they wished to become ex-Conservative councillors in the very near future.
If I may say so, a much more sensible suggestion, which might prove to be of interest to Herald readers, is a public debate.
I hope that Phil Twiss will agree to a debate between myself, or another Independent councillor, and himself, or another Conservative councillor, on the subject of openness and transparency in local government.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Roger Giles
Ottery Town (Independent)
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
East Devon District Council