Lighting up town
Thank you to Sidmouth Town Council for arranging the attractive Christmas lights which were lit with ceremony, with the chamber contributing about 15 per cent of the cost.
Thank you, also, to Sidmouth Garden Centre and Gater Electrical for supplying and fitting Christmas trees, charging a minimal amount, the lit trees being paid for by traders. Edwina Ford organised it all and they can be assured that all of them have played their part in lighting up Sidmouth!
Finally, I would like to thank Waitrose and Sidmouth Garden Centre for supporting our Challenge to Celebrate an Independent Sidmouth.
They came up trumps at very short notice with much-needed funds to extend our advertising outside Sidmouth, showing the community pulling together to maintain a healthy economy.
In the short time available, starting on October 15, we contacted as many traders as possible in our joint lunchtimes, starting with our database of members whom we could email.
You may also want to watch:
If you missed out this year, why not register your interest for next year with any member of the Chamber of Commerce?
Thank you, too, to the Herald for its support of our local community.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce