Lighting up town
Thank you to Sidmouth Town Council for arranging the attractive Christmas lights which were lit with ceremony, with the chamber contributing about 15 per cent of the cost.
Thank you, also, to Sidmouth Garden Centre and Gater Electrical for supplying and fitting Christmas trees, charging a minimal amount, the lit trees being paid for by traders. Edwina Ford organised it all and they can be assured that all of them have played their part in lighting up Sidmouth!
Finally, I would like to thank Waitrose and Sidmouth Garden Centre for supporting our Challenge to Celebrate an Independent Sidmouth.
They came up trumps at very short notice with much-needed funds to extend our advertising outside Sidmouth, showing the community pulling together to maintain a healthy economy.
In the short time available, starting on October 15, we contacted as many traders as possible in our joint lunchtimes, starting with our database of members whom we could email.
You may also want to watch:
If you missed out this year, why not register your interest for next year with any member of the Chamber of Commerce?
Thank you, too, to the Herald for its support of our local community.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce