SIR - So, I’m not the only one who doesn’t support charities that test on animals. Well said Sharon L Howe from Fortescue Road (“Opinion Extra”, October 21). Sadly, convincing others is a losing battle.
The irony is, animal experiments are misleading and can actually hold up medical progress. In addition to Animal Aid, mentioned by Sharon, check out the Lord Dowding Fund for Humane Research.
In most cases, cancer is preventable, but only a small percentage of money is spent on preventative measures.
We live in a toxic environment – the air we breathe, food we eat, products we use around the home and on our bodies, all add up to a lethal cocktail.
Animals should not have to suffer because we choose to live the way we do.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 10 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites