SIR - So, I’m not the only one who doesn’t support charities that test on animals. Well said Sharon L Howe from Fortescue Road (“Opinion Extra”, October 21). Sadly, convincing others is a losing battle.
The irony is, animal experiments are misleading and can actually hold up medical progress. In addition to Animal Aid, mentioned by Sharon, check out the Lord Dowding Fund for Humane Research.
In most cases, cancer is preventable, but only a small percentage of money is spent on preventative measures.
We live in a toxic environment – the air we breathe, food we eat, products we use around the home and on our bodies, all add up to a lethal cocktail.
Animals should not have to suffer because we choose to live the way we do.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect