SIR - So, I’m not the only one who doesn’t support charities that test on animals. Well said Sharon L Howe from Fortescue Road (“Opinion Extra”, October 21). Sadly, convincing others is a losing battle.
The irony is, animal experiments are misleading and can actually hold up medical progress. In addition to Animal Aid, mentioned by Sharon, check out the Lord Dowding Fund for Humane Research.
In most cases, cancer is preventable, but only a small percentage of money is spent on preventative measures.
We live in a toxic environment – the air we breathe, food we eat, products we use around the home and on our bodies, all add up to a lethal cocktail.
Animals should not have to suffer because we choose to live the way we do.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future