We would like to say a very big thank you, to our family and friends who attended our Golden Wedding celebrations on Monday, April 15, and helped to make it such a special occasion.
Also to those that have sent cards and good wishes.
We hope that you all had a great time, we certainly enjoyed ourselves and the memories will last for ever.
We would like to thank all the people who made it possible: Graham Whitlock and Julia at the Manor Pavilion, David and Carolyn at Kennaway House. Jo and Steve from the Volunteer Inn, Neil at Upper Crust Bakery, Mischief and Mayhem, Sid Vale Folk Choir, Stage Door Johnies Sue King, Jazz & Bits and The Rivertones Barber Shop Choir. Tony Hill and Leigh Steadman, Ruth lewis, who stepped in as compere, and to Kingsley Squire, Terry Ife and Stefan Gordon for reporting on the event, giving us something to remember it by.
To date more than £1,700 has been donated to Sidmouth Living with Cancer Support Group in lieu of giving us presents.
You may also want to watch:
This money will be used to help members undergoing treatment for cancer and we thank you all on their behalf.
We hope we will still be around when we have our Diamond Wedding anniversary and will look forward to seeing you there.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Evelyn and Bill Lankester