We would like to say a very big thank you, to our family and friends who attended our Golden Wedding celebrations on Monday, April 15, and helped to make it such a special occasion.
Also to those that have sent cards and good wishes.
We hope that you all had a great time, we certainly enjoyed ourselves and the memories will last for ever.
We would like to thank all the people who made it possible: Graham Whitlock and Julia at the Manor Pavilion, David and Carolyn at Kennaway House. Jo and Steve from the Volunteer Inn, Neil at Upper Crust Bakery, Mischief and Mayhem, Sid Vale Folk Choir, Stage Door Johnies Sue King, Jazz & Bits and The Rivertones Barber Shop Choir. Tony Hill and Leigh Steadman, Ruth lewis, who stepped in as compere, and to Kingsley Squire, Terry Ife and Stefan Gordon for reporting on the event, giving us something to remember it by.
To date more than £1,700 has been donated to Sidmouth Living with Cancer Support Group in lieu of giving us presents.
You may also want to watch:
This money will be used to help members undergoing treatment for cancer and we thank you all on their behalf.
We hope we will still be around when we have our Diamond Wedding anniversary and will look forward to seeing you there.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
Evelyn and Bill Lankester