The Sidmouth Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraising Group would like to thank all those people who kindly donated to the Great Daffodil Appeal whilst shopping in Sidmouth town centre on Saturday, March 2.
The collection raised the magnificent sum of £1,240. The money will help provide specialised nursing care to patients with all terminal illnesses in their own homes and emotional support to their families.
The Great Daffodil Appeal runs throughout March and is a nationwide fundraising event. In Sidmouth, many local businesses are supporting the charity during this period by displaying the special Daffodil Appeal fundraising boxes, enabling more people to donate to this very good cause.
We would like to take this opportunity to also say a big ‘thank you’ to our supporters and to the many volunteers who have so generously contributed their time to help with this appeal.
If you have some free time to spare and are interested in helping at future fundraising events please contact: Natalie Searle, Community Fundraiser. Telephone: 01884 703535.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary