The Sidmouth Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraising Group would like to thank all those people who kindly donated to the Great Daffodil Appeal whilst shopping in Sidmouth town centre on Saturday, March 2.
The collection raised the magnificent sum of £1,240. The money will help provide specialised nursing care to patients with all terminal illnesses in their own homes and emotional support to their families.
The Great Daffodil Appeal runs throughout March and is a nationwide fundraising event. In Sidmouth, many local businesses are supporting the charity during this period by displaying the special Daffodil Appeal fundraising boxes, enabling more people to donate to this very good cause.
We would like to take this opportunity to also say a big ‘thank you’ to our supporters and to the many volunteers who have so generously contributed their time to help with this appeal.
If you have some free time to spare and are interested in helping at future fundraising events please contact: Natalie Searle, Community Fundraiser. Telephone: 01884 703535.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Rugby Round-Up from the East Devon region