The Sidmouth Marie Curie Cancer Care Fundraising Group would like to thank all those people who kindly donated to the Great Daffodil Appeal whilst shopping in Sidmouth town centre on Saturday, March 2.
The collection raised the magnificent sum of £1,240. The money will help provide specialised nursing care to patients with all terminal illnesses in their own homes and emotional support to their families.
The Great Daffodil Appeal runs throughout March and is a nationwide fundraising event. In Sidmouth, many local businesses are supporting the charity during this period by displaying the special Daffodil Appeal fundraising boxes, enabling more people to donate to this very good cause.
We would like to take this opportunity to also say a big ‘thank you’ to our supporters and to the many volunteers who have so generously contributed their time to help with this appeal.
If you have some free time to spare and are interested in helping at future fundraising events please contact: Natalie Searle, Community Fundraiser. Telephone: 01884 703535.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time