SIR - Have any of your readers been lucky enough to secure a place in the 2012 London Marathon through the public ballot?
We, at World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF), are writing to appeal to those who have secured their own place in the London Marathon to consider fundraising for us.
It’s really easy to join Team WCRF and, in return, we offer full support with training and nutritional advice, an essential runner’s kit containing your unique WCRF running vest, a fundraising pack and your own personalised online sponsorship page. WCRF also offers a pasta party the day before the race and a post-race reception with a free massage and shower to soothe away any aches or pains.
Not only will taking part in the London Marathon help you get into the kind of habits that can reduce your own cancer risk, but the money raised will help us continue to fund our research and education programmes. If you are interested in running for us, visit www.wcrf-uk.org/fundraising, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 343 4200.
You may also want to watch:
Senior Fundraising Manager
World Cancer Research Fund.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again