SIR - Do our councillors not use the local health facilities?
During the 15 years which I have lived in Sidmouth, I have found it most strange that this town, which prides itself on generally high standards, has been prepared to tolerate the outdated and shamefully inadequate accommodation in Blackmore Drive for our medical practitioners. Their accommodation has officially been judged the most woefully under-sized in the whole of East Devon.
New housing abounds, bringing a great increase in population, yet it seems that there have been no efforts by any Town, District or County councillor, to put pressure on developers to persuade them to contribute to the desperately-needed provision of twenty-first century buildings for our doctors and their staff!
We should all feel guilty that it has been left to busy Dr Duncan Hall (see last week’s `Opinion’ page in your paper), to put in a plea that a share of the hefty profits made by developers, be used for the overdue redevelopment of the Health Centre and Public Library.
It is high time for patients to mount a campaign for better facilities!
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chancel, Coburg Terrace, Sidmouth
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award