SIR - Do our councillors not use the local health facilities?
During the 15 years which I have lived in Sidmouth, I have found it most strange that this town, which prides itself on generally high standards, has been prepared to tolerate the outdated and shamefully inadequate accommodation in Blackmore Drive for our medical practitioners. Their accommodation has officially been judged the most woefully under-sized in the whole of East Devon.
New housing abounds, bringing a great increase in population, yet it seems that there have been no efforts by any Town, District or County councillor, to put pressure on developers to persuade them to contribute to the desperately-needed provision of twenty-first century buildings for our doctors and their staff!
We should all feel guilty that it has been left to busy Dr Duncan Hall (see last week’s `Opinion’ page in your paper), to put in a plea that a share of the hefty profits made by developers, be used for the overdue redevelopment of the Health Centre and Public Library.
It is high time for patients to mount a campaign for better facilities!
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chancel, Coburg Terrace, Sidmouth
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!