SIR - We were sorry to hear the news about the change of use for The Old Ship (last week’s Herald)
For many years, The Ship has been home to the ‘Upper Room’ book group who have met there monthly. Over the years, it has been a cosy and atmospheric meeting place for our many discussions, laughter and tears. We have always been warmly welcomed and well served by all managers and staff, but would particularly like to thank Shane and the current staff for being so kind to us and we wish them Good Luck for their future.
We will miss our gatherings in the ‘Upper Room’ and now begin our search for a new home.
Best wishes and thank you to The Old Ship
You may also want to watch:
‘The Upper Room Book Group’
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary