Recently there have been letters in the Opinion page slating dog owners.
I am a responsible dog owner who always carries a poo bag and picks up after my dog. What I witnessed today, Saturday, March 8, shortly before 5 pm made me angry enough to write – which I wouldn’t usually do.
While walking my dog just above Margaret’s meadow two women were walking four dogs. A brown cocker spaniel (I think) but she called it Charlie, crouched and messed near the path. They both stood watching then walked on so I passed a comment about picking it up.
When dogs are banned from public areas because of this sort of behaviour I will know who to thank, them, and people like them. People shouldn’t own a dog if they don’t want to pick up its mess. Come on dog owners, it takes a few seconds, and if I can do it so can the rest of you!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon