Recently there have been letters in the Opinion page slating dog owners.
I am a responsible dog owner who always carries a poo bag and picks up after my dog. What I witnessed today, Saturday, March 8, shortly before 5 pm made me angry enough to write – which I wouldn’t usually do.
While walking my dog just above Margaret’s meadow two women were walking four dogs. A brown cocker spaniel (I think) but she called it Charlie, crouched and messed near the path. They both stood watching then walked on so I passed a comment about picking it up.
When dogs are banned from public areas because of this sort of behaviour I will know who to thank, them, and people like them. People shouldn’t own a dog if they don’t want to pick up its mess. Come on dog owners, it takes a few seconds, and if I can do it so can the rest of you!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory