Recently there have been letters in the Opinion page slating dog owners.
I am a responsible dog owner who always carries a poo bag and picks up after my dog. What I witnessed today, Saturday, March 8, shortly before 5 pm made me angry enough to write – which I wouldn’t usually do.
While walking my dog just above Margaret’s meadow two women were walking four dogs. A brown cocker spaniel (I think) but she called it Charlie, crouched and messed near the path. They both stood watching then walked on so I passed a comment about picking it up.
When dogs are banned from public areas because of this sort of behaviour I will know who to thank, them, and people like them. People shouldn’t own a dog if they don’t want to pick up its mess. Come on dog owners, it takes a few seconds, and if I can do it so can the rest of you!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition