Money could be golden opportunity
SIR - I was amazed to read in last week’s Sidmouth Herald that the �1.5million, promised to Sidmouth by the developers of the Fortfield Hotel site, could be used elsewhere in Devon! Whatever next?
I understood the donation to be a form of compensation to the town because the developers are replacing a well-known hotel with residential apartments (i.e. not holiday flats).
This money provides a golden opportunity to give the doctors the surgery for which they have waited more than ten years and which would benefit everyone in the town.
Surely, the rebuilding of a new, spacious surgery should take priority over anything else, particularly when the erection of more houses means, inevitably, an influx of more residents, all of whom will expect to receive medical attention at some time.
To allow this money to be used other than for the good of Sidmouth would be, in my opinion, beyond belief.
You may also want to watch:
All Saints Road, Sidmouth
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary