I am very sorry that Alison Raw was slapped facially by a detached notice from this board in high winds, but feel it could have happened from any of our town’s noticeboards (“Board is a danger”, Opinion, May 24). Unfortunately, she was just unlucky.
I am delighted by Mr Kendall-Torry’s community spirit in erecting it as, since the demise of the All Saints Road board some years ago, I find it very difficult to erect a poster with so much going on everywhere.
I dislike personal adverts offering services which are ongoing, so our charity efforts spasmodically cannot find space sometimes.
Sadly, there is no one prepared to monitor the boards these days, it’s just a free-for-all, but I’m sure the council will find reasons to force its demise, however much an advantage it must be to this town.
Mrs LF Lever
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed