Move to Knowle
Sir - I have read with some concern the proposal to build a new library on the existing car park, which is already severely inadequate.
As EDDC is already intending to move from Knowle to Honiton, then why can’t the existing offices be bought and demolished and a new hospital, health centre and library be built there?
This could, at least be partially funded by the sale of the existing buildings in the town for development of private apartments.
The district council can also assist with funding as they saw fit to allow construction of additional new homes in Woolbrook, which no-one wanted without any thought being given to the additional pressure on the present infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights