Move to Knowle
Sir - I have read with some concern the proposal to build a new library on the existing car park, which is already severely inadequate.
As EDDC is already intending to move from Knowle to Honiton, then why can’t the existing offices be bought and demolished and a new hospital, health centre and library be built there?
This could, at least be partially funded by the sale of the existing buildings in the town for development of private apartments.
The district council can also assist with funding as they saw fit to allow construction of additional new homes in Woolbrook, which no-one wanted without any thought being given to the additional pressure on the present infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community