Move to Knowle
Sir - I have read with some concern the proposal to build a new library on the existing car park, which is already severely inadequate.
As EDDC is already intending to move from Knowle to Honiton, then why can’t the existing offices be bought and demolished and a new hospital, health centre and library be built there?
This could, at least be partially funded by the sale of the existing buildings in the town for development of private apartments.
The district council can also assist with funding as they saw fit to allow construction of additional new homes in Woolbrook, which no-one wanted without any thought being given to the additional pressure on the present infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park