What a wonderful gesture to bestow on our community by Keith Owen.
I would like to make a plea to those in charge of the choice of bulbs – that if they are to be planted in rural surrounds, every effort should be made to select natural species rather than hybrids.
Please can they think about bluebells, snowdrops and wild varieties of daffodils .
We live in such a beautiful area and it will be wonderful to see our open spaces full of colour in the spring, but please let it be natural.
You may also want to watch:
Sidford High Street
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight