What a wonderful gesture to bestow on our community by Keith Owen.
I would like to make a plea to those in charge of the choice of bulbs – that if they are to be planted in rural surrounds, every effort should be made to select natural species rather than hybrids.
Please can they think about bluebells, snowdrops and wild varieties of daffodils .
We live in such a beautiful area and it will be wonderful to see our open spaces full of colour in the spring, but please let it be natural.
You may also want to watch:
Sidford High Street
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary