What a wonderful gesture to bestow on our community by Keith Owen.
I would like to make a plea to those in charge of the choice of bulbs – that if they are to be planted in rural surrounds, every effort should be made to select natural species rather than hybrids.
Please can they think about bluebells, snowdrops and wild varieties of daffodils .
We live in such a beautiful area and it will be wonderful to see our open spaces full of colour in the spring, but please let it be natural.
You may also want to watch:
Sidford High Street
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses