New Year plea
SIR - Are you looking for a New Year’s resolution that is fun, interesting, sociable, and can make a huge difference to other people? If so, Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) is looking for people across Devon to volunteer with the charity.
There’s a huge variety of roles on offer; you could be supporting young disabled people acquire the vital skills that will help them live independently, assisting someone drive to their local sports centre, befriending, campaigning – or even adding a lick of paint to one of our 200 UK services and homes.
LCD’s 3,000 volunteers are crucial to our success, and we’d be delighted if you’d join this amazing team. We welcome all applicants and are particularly keen to support more disabled people to volunteer with us.
Visit www.lcdisability.org.uk or write to me at Leonard Cheshire Disability, 66 South Lambeth Road, London. SW8 1RL to see what volunteering is available near you.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer Officer, Leonard Cheshire Disability
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites