New Year plea
SIR - Are you looking for a New Year’s resolution that is fun, interesting, sociable, and can make a huge difference to other people? If so, Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) is looking for people across Devon to volunteer with the charity.
There’s a huge variety of roles on offer; you could be supporting young disabled people acquire the vital skills that will help them live independently, assisting someone drive to their local sports centre, befriending, campaigning – or even adding a lick of paint to one of our 200 UK services and homes.
LCD’s 3,000 volunteers are crucial to our success, and we’d be delighted if you’d join this amazing team. We welcome all applicants and are particularly keen to support more disabled people to volunteer with us.
Visit www.lcdisability.org.uk or write to me at Leonard Cheshire Disability, 66 South Lambeth Road, London. SW8 1RL to see what volunteering is available near you.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer Officer, Leonard Cheshire Disability
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary