New Year plea
SIR - Are you looking for a New Year’s resolution that is fun, interesting, sociable, and can make a huge difference to other people? If so, Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD) is looking for people across Devon to volunteer with the charity.
There’s a huge variety of roles on offer; you could be supporting young disabled people acquire the vital skills that will help them live independently, assisting someone drive to their local sports centre, befriending, campaigning – or even adding a lick of paint to one of our 200 UK services and homes.
LCD’s 3,000 volunteers are crucial to our success, and we’d be delighted if you’d join this amazing team. We welcome all applicants and are particularly keen to support more disabled people to volunteer with us.
Visit www.lcdisability.org.uk or write to me at Leonard Cheshire Disability, 66 South Lambeth Road, London. SW8 1RL to see what volunteering is available near you.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer Officer, Leonard Cheshire Disability
- 1 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 10 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls