SIR - We would like to assure your readers about a health ombudsman report on NHS complaints handling.
The ombudsman did receive 54 letters in its reporting year relating to the Royal Devon & Exeter, but we would be concerned if this was interpreted as evidence of wrongdoing.
None of the complaints received were investigated or upheld by the ombudsman.
The majority of the letters sent to the ombudsman were re-directed by the ombudsman back to the RD&E because the complainant had not first followed the local complaints procedure with our hospital trust.
Last year, we received over 5,000 letters of commendation for the quality of care and services our staff provided.
You may also want to watch:
We have introduced several ways to also pro-actively capture feedback by listening to patients and carers whilst on our wards and as members of our Patient Experience Group.
Their comments and ideas will continue to inform changes we make to improve our services.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Director of Nursing & Patient Care
Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust