SIR - We would like to assure your readers about a health ombudsman report on NHS complaints handling.
The ombudsman did receive 54 letters in its reporting year relating to the Royal Devon & Exeter, but we would be concerned if this was interpreted as evidence of wrongdoing.
None of the complaints received were investigated or upheld by the ombudsman.
The majority of the letters sent to the ombudsman were re-directed by the ombudsman back to the RD&E because the complainant had not first followed the local complaints procedure with our hospital trust.
Last year, we received over 5,000 letters of commendation for the quality of care and services our staff provided.
You may also want to watch:
We have introduced several ways to also pro-actively capture feedback by listening to patients and carers whilst on our wards and as members of our Patient Experience Group.
Their comments and ideas will continue to inform changes we make to improve our services.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Director of Nursing & Patient Care
Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust