SIR - We would like to assure your readers about a health ombudsman report on NHS complaints handling.
The ombudsman did receive 54 letters in its reporting year relating to the Royal Devon & Exeter, but we would be concerned if this was interpreted as evidence of wrongdoing.
None of the complaints received were investigated or upheld by the ombudsman.
The majority of the letters sent to the ombudsman were re-directed by the ombudsman back to the RD&E because the complainant had not first followed the local complaints procedure with our hospital trust.
Last year, we received over 5,000 letters of commendation for the quality of care and services our staff provided.
You may also want to watch:
We have introduced several ways to also pro-actively capture feedback by listening to patients and carers whilst on our wards and as members of our Patient Experience Group.
Their comments and ideas will continue to inform changes we make to improve our services.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 9 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
Director of Nursing & Patient Care
Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust