No changes made
SIR – On page 19 of last week’s Sidmouth Herald you have printed an unattributed article about our current presentation of Half a Sixpence in which it is stated that “Creative members of the award winning Sidmouth society re-worked the script and added new songs”.
This is not so.
What we have just presented is a new version of Half a Sixpence.
The book is by Beverley Cross, the music and lyrics by David Heneker and the new version by Warner Brown.
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society has not in any way altered or adapted the script, lyrics or music.
The show is presented by arrangement with the rights holders, Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
Would you please print this correction as there is an important contractual issue at stake?
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Freezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 One arrest after fuel protests on M5 and A38 in Somerset and Devon
If the rights holders of this show were to be given the impression that we had amended the show in any way, we would be in breach of our contractual obligations with a heavy fine to follow.
Brian Rees, Treasurer
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society
48 Temple Street, Sidmouth