No changes made
SIR – On page 19 of last week’s Sidmouth Herald you have printed an unattributed article about our current presentation of Half a Sixpence in which it is stated that “Creative members of the award winning Sidmouth society re-worked the script and added new songs”.
This is not so.
What we have just presented is a new version of Half a Sixpence.
The book is by Beverley Cross, the music and lyrics by David Heneker and the new version by Warner Brown.
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society has not in any way altered or adapted the script, lyrics or music.
You may also want to watch:
The show is presented by arrangement with the rights holders, Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
Would you please print this correction as there is an important contractual issue at stake?
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
If the rights holders of this show were to be given the impression that we had amended the show in any way, we would be in breach of our contractual obligations with a heavy fine to follow.
Brian Rees, Treasurer
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society
48 Temple Street, Sidmouth