No changes made
SIR – On page 19 of last week’s Sidmouth Herald you have printed an unattributed article about our current presentation of Half a Sixpence in which it is stated that “Creative members of the award winning Sidmouth society re-worked the script and added new songs”.
This is not so.
What we have just presented is a new version of Half a Sixpence.
The book is by Beverley Cross, the music and lyrics by David Heneker and the new version by Warner Brown.
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society has not in any way altered or adapted the script, lyrics or music.
You may also want to watch:
The show is presented by arrangement with the rights holders, Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
Would you please print this correction as there is an important contractual issue at stake?
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
If the rights holders of this show were to be given the impression that we had amended the show in any way, we would be in breach of our contractual obligations with a heavy fine to follow.
Brian Rees, Treasurer
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society
48 Temple Street, Sidmouth