No changes made
SIR – On page 19 of last week’s Sidmouth Herald you have printed an unattributed article about our current presentation of Half a Sixpence in which it is stated that “Creative members of the award winning Sidmouth society re-worked the script and added new songs”.
This is not so.
What we have just presented is a new version of Half a Sixpence.
The book is by Beverley Cross, the music and lyrics by David Heneker and the new version by Warner Brown.
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society has not in any way altered or adapted the script, lyrics or music.
You may also want to watch:
The show is presented by arrangement with the rights holders, Warner/Chappell Music Ltd.
Would you please print this correction as there is an important contractual issue at stake?
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
If the rights holders of this show were to be given the impression that we had amended the show in any way, we would be in breach of our contractual obligations with a heavy fine to follow.
Brian Rees, Treasurer
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society
48 Temple Street, Sidmouth