No need for red herrings at surgery
Sir - I am responding on behalf of the Doctors and the Sid Valley Patients Forum to the article New Surgery Overdue in the Sidmouth Herald dated Friday, September 9.
We are delighted that the Sidmouth town councillors unanimously agree that the rebuild of the health centre is now very urgent and it is a real priority.
The practitioners have already outlined their plan to rebuild on the present site to embrace the existing library, which could be rebuilt on the adjacent and badly abused car park.
However, we do not welcome any “red herrings” at this stage.
The rugby ground has been part of a debate over the years as a suitable site for a new health centre, but the trustees who own the ground are adamant that it will never be disposed of for redevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
We have to accept their decision and move on.
This we are doing.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Sid Valley Patients Forum