No need for red herrings at surgery
Sir - I am responding on behalf of the Doctors and the Sid Valley Patients Forum to the article New Surgery Overdue in the Sidmouth Herald dated Friday, September 9.
We are delighted that the Sidmouth town councillors unanimously agree that the rebuild of the health centre is now very urgent and it is a real priority.
The practitioners have already outlined their plan to rebuild on the present site to embrace the existing library, which could be rebuilt on the adjacent and badly abused car park.
However, we do not welcome any “red herrings” at this stage.
The rugby ground has been part of a debate over the years as a suitable site for a new health centre, but the trustees who own the ground are adamant that it will never be disposed of for redevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
We have to accept their decision and move on.
This we are doing.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 5 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 10 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
Sid Valley Patients Forum