No need for red herrings at surgery
Sir - I am responding on behalf of the Doctors and the Sid Valley Patients Forum to the article New Surgery Overdue in the Sidmouth Herald dated Friday, September 9.
We are delighted that the Sidmouth town councillors unanimously agree that the rebuild of the health centre is now very urgent and it is a real priority.
The practitioners have already outlined their plan to rebuild on the present site to embrace the existing library, which could be rebuilt on the adjacent and badly abused car park.
However, we do not welcome any “red herrings” at this stage.
The rugby ground has been part of a debate over the years as a suitable site for a new health centre, but the trustees who own the ground are adamant that it will never be disposed of for redevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
We have to accept their decision and move on.
This we are doing.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
Sid Valley Patients Forum