No red herrings
SIR - I am responding on behalf of the doctors and the Sid Valley Patients Forum to the article New Surgery Overdue in the Sidmouth Herald, dated Friday, September 9.
We are delighted that the Sidmouth town councillors unanimously agree that the rebuild of the health centre is now very urgent and it is a real priority. The practitioners have already outlined their plan to rebuild on the present site to embrace the existing library, which could be rebuilt on the adjacent and badly-abused car park.
However, we do not welcome any “red herrings” at this stage. The rugby ground has been part of a debate over the years as a suitable site for a new health centre, but the trustees who own the ground are adamant that it will never be disposed of for redevelopment.
We have to accept their decision and move on. This we are doing
You may also want to watch:
Sid Valley Patients Forum
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary