No red herrings
SIR - I am responding on behalf of the doctors and the Sid Valley Patients Forum to the article New Surgery Overdue in the Sidmouth Herald, dated Friday, September 9.
We are delighted that the Sidmouth town councillors unanimously agree that the rebuild of the health centre is now very urgent and it is a real priority. The practitioners have already outlined their plan to rebuild on the present site to embrace the existing library, which could be rebuilt on the adjacent and badly-abused car park.
However, we do not welcome any “red herrings” at this stage. The rugby ground has been part of a debate over the years as a suitable site for a new health centre, but the trustees who own the ground are adamant that it will never be disposed of for redevelopment.
We have to accept their decision and move on. This we are doing
You may also want to watch:
Sid Valley Patients Forum
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC