No thought for wildlife
SIR - To the Planning Officer of EDDC – Surely you should be keeping the Sid Valley green and pleasant for our tourist trade.
The idea of an employment site on an AONB of 12 acres on one of the entrances to this beautiful valley is surely detrimental.
The traffic problem has got much worse in the 35 years since it was last mooted.
School Street is already a nightmare and in the summer traffic is backed up past the Jubilee seat.
I have had an employee of the company doing the survey of the site asking to come on to my land and measure the height of the banks of the brook so that it can be covered over.
You may also want to watch:
No thought for the wildlife there. If I refuse they will GUESS it anyway; really professional.
Surely there are plenty of brownfield sites you could check out before spoiling the Sid Valley forever. Yours in hope of common sense.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
- 10 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett