Nostalgia - Sidmouth’s fastest milk float in the West
- Credit: Archant
From the Sidmouth Herald archives: George Lambden’s mad milk dash to rescue runaway cartons from the Sid.
‘Disaster! The milk cartons began to head towards the deep blue sea. But George was not to be beaten.’
Local milkman, George Lambden, had to take a detour from his usual round after shedding 12 cartons of milk from his milk float into the River Sid at Mill Ford.
Here is the full article printed in the Herald at the time.
Join our Facebook group Devon Memories to see more local nostalgia from the Herald archives.
Article from the Sidmouth Herald, printed February 26, 1977.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks to Christine and Rab of Sidmouth Museum for retrieveing this article.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start