Nostalgia - Sidmouth’s fastest milk float in the West
- Credit: Archant
From the Sidmouth Herald archives: George Lambden’s mad milk dash to rescue runaway cartons from the Sid.
‘Disaster! The milk cartons began to head towards the deep blue sea. But George was not to be beaten.’
Local milkman, George Lambden, had to take a detour from his usual round after shedding 12 cartons of milk from his milk float into the River Sid at Mill Ford.
Here is the full article printed in the Herald at the time.
Join our Facebook group Devon Memories to see more local nostalgia from the Herald archives.
Article from the Sidmouth Herald, printed February 26, 1977.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks to Christine and Rab of Sidmouth Museum for retrieveing this article.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival