Nostalgia - Sidmouth’s fastest milk float in the West
- Credit: Archant
From the Sidmouth Herald archives: George Lambden’s mad milk dash to rescue runaway cartons from the Sid.
‘Disaster! The milk cartons began to head towards the deep blue sea. But George was not to be beaten.’
Local milkman, George Lambden, had to take a detour from his usual round after shedding 12 cartons of milk from his milk float into the River Sid at Mill Ford.
Here is the full article printed in the Herald at the time.
Join our Facebook group Devon Memories to see more local nostalgia from the Herald archives.
Article from the Sidmouth Herald, printed February 26, 1977.
Special thanks to Christine and Rab of Sidmouth Museum for retrieveing this article.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang