Nostalgia - Sidmouth’s fastest milk float in the West
- Credit: Archant
From the Sidmouth Herald archives: George Lambden’s mad milk dash to rescue runaway cartons from the Sid.
‘Disaster! The milk cartons began to head towards the deep blue sea. But George was not to be beaten.’
Local milkman, George Lambden, had to take a detour from his usual round after shedding 12 cartons of milk from his milk float into the River Sid at Mill Ford.
Here is the full article printed in the Herald at the time.
Join our Facebook group Devon Memories to see more local nostalgia from the Herald archives.
Article from the Sidmouth Herald, printed February 26, 1977.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks to Christine and Rab of Sidmouth Museum for retrieveing this article.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Village summer fair returns to support local charities