Not a great speech
So Robert Crick is of the opinion that Glenda Jackson’s tirade in Parliament was a real tonic.
He was apparently too ill to work on Wednesday, April 17, and so tuned in to the Parliamentary channel in time to catch this ‘powerful’ woman articulating her deep moral faith in the face of bullying stout gentlemen in grey suits attempting to prevent her.
I heard the speech too, but I heard an ex-actress, slagging off the late, great Margaret Thatcher with the paraphrase, “A woman. Not on my terms.”
I find that most gratifying as the last time I saw Ms Jackson was on the silver screen in Women in Love, where she was rolling around naked in the grass with a drunken Oliver Reed.
In my book, there is nothing ladylike in that, but it amply illustrates her kind of woman…
You may also want to watch:
Thank God for Margaret Thatcher.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary