Not just believers
I can understand Mike Peacock (Opinion, May 31) objecting to the use of the old “Adam & Steve” tag line.
As a believer, I’ve wearied of it being trotted out at every discussion of homosexuality.
I assure your readers that there are plenty of Bible-loving Christians who have witnessed stable, same-sex relationships in their congregations.
However, I think that Mr Peacock needs to remember that bigotry is not confined to the religious. Some of the crassest remarks about gay marriage have been issued recently by Norman Tebbit, an avowed atheist.
The Reverend Jean Wadsworth
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98