Not just believers
I can understand Mike Peacock (Opinion, May 31) objecting to the use of the old “Adam & Steve” tag line.
As a believer, I’ve wearied of it being trotted out at every discussion of homosexuality.
I assure your readers that there are plenty of Bible-loving Christians who have witnessed stable, same-sex relationships in their congregations.
However, I think that Mr Peacock needs to remember that bigotry is not confined to the religious. Some of the crassest remarks about gay marriage have been issued recently by Norman Tebbit, an avowed atheist.
The Reverend Jean Wadsworth
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect