Re: “Town doesn’t want children” (Herald, Friday, August 30.)
First of all I cannot understand why this story has made the headlines of your paper, or why it made the news at all.
It is terrible and wrong to swear at children, but why the big story and why would this mar the mother’s impression of the town?
It’s well known that some children are noisier these days and parents are happy for them to scream and shout.
In a supermarket recently a mum was looking at food on a shelf while her two girls fought over the shopping trolley, shouting and swinging it around whilst we shoppers had to dodge them.
You may also want to watch:
Had I told them to stop would I have made the news too? Of course Sidmouth is child-friendly.
Just because there have been occasions when children have been told off by strangers doesn’t make it an unfriendly place.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket