SIR - As a retired nurse with a daughter and granddaughter, both nurses with the NHS, I am disgusted with what I read in the Herald and saw on TV news on what the regional NHS is planning to do: cutting back on overtime, night duty and holiday pay.
These nurses work long hours and earn their money. They can be called back to work on their time off, at short notice, when there is a shortage of staff.
If this goes ahead there will definitely be a shortage of staff. Therefore, those who suffer will be the patients.
If there are to be cut backs then cut back at the top. Get rid of some of the chiefs. They are on the big money.
In my time there were not the chiefs there are today, and, to my mind, life was better in the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
P M Bealey
Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!